The Print Trend Conquers The Runways For Fall 2013
There has been an explosion of the print trend this year at every level of fashion. Designers such as Anna Sui, Thakoon, Peter Pilotto, Prada, Alice Temperley, Etro and Just Cavalli experimented with every print theme and in many instances combined several of them in one pattern.
Some new and interesting print trends are:
- Galactic- space/science fiction inspired prints
- Retro Hawaiian florals with an old-school twist
- Floral Stripes- floral patterns combined with bold nautical stripes
- Black & white geometrics- bold squares, zig-zags and abstract motifs
- Grid or window pane prints- graphic update on monochromatic plaids
- Animal prints combined with floral, stripes or geometric prints
These are just a few of the newest print trends currently in vogue. There is so much print direction this year that every woman should experiment with a few patterns that suits her style. My favorite key item is the print dress of which there are many beautiful variations for both day and evening wear.
The most progressive designers are showing styles that combine several prints in one garment. Often the prints are completely different and in past seasons would have been considered clashing. London designer Duro Olowu is a master of this new mixed-print mashup trend. Another favorite combination are the floral-animal print hybrid patterns like those from Australian designers India and Scout. The trend continues to inspire designers and was front and center in their Spring/Summer 2014 collections that were unveiled in the last month.
To see all the current print trends and how they are being worn by stylish women around the world, visit my Pinterest board Print & Pattern Direction here. What do you think about the print trend and how have you styled it for your look?